Top 10 TIPS TO HELP YOU STAY ON TRACK:
1. Eat your first meal within 1 hour of waking.
2. Drink 300-400ml of water before breakfast to help start digestion and replenish any dehydration from fasting overnight. Add lemon or lime for flavour.
3. Breakfast and lunch should be your largest meals and no, coffee is not a meal!
4. Eat more during the first half of the day when your metabolism is at its highest and less in the second half of the day when your metabolism is slower.
5. Don't go longer than 2-3 hours between meals. Large gaps between meals can cause mood and energy imbalances and trigger binge eating.
6. Ensure you eat a portion of Low GI carbohydrates with every meal to help balance your energy and blood sugar levels.
7. If you're an early riser and don't have time for breakfast, eat your morning tea first in the morning and then have breakfast when you get to work.
8. Your last serving of food should be 2-3 hours before you sleep.
9. Get 7-9 hours sleep each night.
10. Meal prep and plan your meals ahead of time. Stay organised and you'll always have something on hand to eat!
Without change there is no change!
Head Training Coach & Nutritionist